- Metabolism-driven systems biology modeling of diseases, pharmacology, toxicology and mammalian host-bacteria interactions.
- Xenobiotic-derived reactive metabolite research with specific focus on interaction with biological proteins, regulation of metabolic pathway, protein post-translational modification and physiological-based pharmacokinetics-pharmacodynamics (PBPK-PD) modeling of pharmacology and toxicology.
To nurture active, creative and reflective lifelong learners in pharmacokinetics and xenobiotic metabolism so as to develop competent future-ready pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists for the clinical and pharmaceutical industries.
PR3106 Pharmacokinetics & Drug Disposition
PR5222 Drug Metabolism
Scholarship in Teaching and Learning
- KL Ng, X Deng, S Zhang, MYZ Chng, TC Chua, LL Koh, XJ Sim, V Aryadoust and ECY Chan*. Effectiveness of New Science Communication Course – A Preliminary Report. Asian Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (AJSoTL) 4(4) (December 2014) 196-205.
- ECY Chan* and ER Browne. Incorporating an Educational Field Trip into the Teaching of Pharmaceutical R&D for Pharmacy Students: A Case Study. Pharmacy Education 11(1) (October 2011) 91-94.
- ECY Chan* and HK Ho*. Investigation of online computer-based formative assessment (CBFA) and traditional closed-book paper-based assessment in pharmacy undergraduate teaching. Technology in Higher Education: The State of the Art (2011) 152-163.
- ECY Chan*. Reflections on Teaching. CDTLink Newsletter 13(2) (2009).
- ECY Chan*. Processes in Module Planning. CDTL Brief 12(3) (2009).
- ECY Chan* and ER Browne. Incorporating an Educational Field Trip to Enhance Pharmacy Students’ Knowledge of Pharmaceutical R&D.CDTLink Newsletter 12(2) (2008).
- ECY Chan*. Enhancing pharmaceutical analysis laboratory classes via the measurement of minerals in Berocca® effervescent tablets. Pharmacy Education 8(1) (2008) 53-57.
- ECY Chan*. Enhancing Pharmaceutical Analysis Laboratory Classes. CDTLink Newsletter 11(2) (2007).
- A Karkhanis, HY Lam, G Venkatesan, SK Koh, CLL Chai, L Zhou, Y Hong, P Kojodjojo and ECY Chan*. Multiple modes of inhibition of human cytochrome P450 2J2 by dronedarone, amiodarone and their active metabolites. Biochemical Pharmacology 107 (May 2016) 67-80.
- LY Chen, CY Cheng, H Choi, MK Ikram, C Sabanayagam, GSW Tan, D Tian, L Zhang, G Venkatesan, ES Tai, JJ Wang, P Mitchell, CMG Cheung, RW Beuerman, L Zhou*, ECY Chan* and TY Wong*. Plasma Metabonomic Profiling of Diabetic Retinopathy. Diabetes 65 (April2016) 1099 -1108.
- Y Hong, YMF Chia, RH Yeo, G Venkatesan, SK Koh, CLL Chai, L Zhou, P Kojodjojo and ECY Chan*. Inactivation of human cytochrome P450 3A4 and 3A5 by dronedarone and N-desbutyl dronedarone. Molecular Pharmacology 89 (January 2016) 1-13.
- LY Yip and ECY Chan*. Investigation of Host-Gut Microbiota Modulation of Therapeutic Outcome. Drug Metabolism and Disposition 43 (October 2015) 1619-1631.
- EA Bard-Chapeau, A Nguyen, AG Rust, A Sayadi, P Lee, BQ Chua, LS New, J de Jong, JM Ward, CKY Chin, V Chew, HC Toh, J Abastado, T Benoukraf , R Soong, FA Bard, AJ Dupuy, RL Johnson, GK Radda, ECY Chan, LFA Wessels, DJ Adams, NA Jenkins and NG Copeland*. Transposon mutagenesis identifies genes driving hepatocellular carcinoma in a chronic hepatitis B mouse model. Nature Genetics 46 (January 2014) 24-32.
- KK Pasikanti, K Esuvaranathan,Y Hong, PC Ho, R Mahendran, LRN Mani, E Chiong and ECY Chan*. Urinary metabotyping of bladder cancer using two-dimensional gas chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Journal of Proteome Research 12 (September 2013) 3865-3873.
- ECY Chan*, LS New, TB Chua, CW Yap, HK Ho and SD Nelson. Interaction of lapatinib with cytochrome P450 3A5. Drug Metabolism & Disposition 40 (July 2012) 1414-1422.
- ECY Chan*, KK Pasikanti and JK Nicholson. Global urinary metabolic profiling procedures using gas chromatography mass spectrometry. Nature Protocols 6 (October 2011) 1483-1499.
- KK Pasikanti, K Esuvaranathan, PC Ho, R Mahendran, R Kamaraj, QH Wu, E Chiong and ECY Chan*. Noninvasive urinary metabonomic diagnosis of human bladder cancer. Journal of Proteome Research 9 (2010) 2988-2995.
- WC Teng, JW Oh, LS New, MD Wahlin, SD Nelson, HK Ho and ECY Chan*. Mechanism-based inactivation of cytochrome P450 3A4 by lapatinib. Molecular Pharmacology 78 (2010) 693-703.
- ECY Chan*, PK Koh, M Mal, PY Cheah, KW Eu, A Backshall, R Cavill, JK Nicholson and H Keun. Metabolic profiling of human colorectal cancer using high-resolution magic angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance (HR-MAS NMR) spectroscopy and gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS). Journal of Proteome Research 8 (2009) 351-361.
Thank you for your interest in joining MPRG. We regret to inform you that the below-mentioned position has been filled.
Research Fellow (1 year contract, effective from 15 October 2015)
We are looking for a highly motivated research fellow to work on targeted and global metabonomics research.
- PhD in Pharmacy, Chemistry or Biology (or equivalent)
- Experience in liquid and gas chromatography mass spectrometry techniques
- Experience in clinical metabonomics and biomarker research will be considered favorable
- Be proficient in English, with good interpersonal skill and team player.
- Perform metabonomics experiments independently
- Supervise undergraduate research project such as final year projects
Salary and benefits will commensurable with qualifications and working experience. Please address your full application including a cover letter describing your research experiences, a full CV, list of publications (if available) and 2 references to:
Associate Professor Eric Chan (email@example.com)