BSc (Pharm) (Hons), National University of Singapore;
PhD, National University of Singapore
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore
18 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543
Tel: +65 6601 3479
Fax: +65 6779 1554
Teaching Activities in NUS
- PR2134/PR3122 Self Care
- PR2131/PR3137 Pharmacy Professional Development
- Exploring the use of blended learning and serious games in pharmacy education
Community & Geriatric Pharmacy Practice Research
- Medication use appropriateness – psychotropics / laxatives / PPI
- Pharmaceutical care services
- Pharmacoepidemiology & medication adherence
- Patient counseling & communication skills in pharmacy practice
NPS (Pharmaceutical Care Excellence initiatives) Workgroup member (2015 – present)
Ministry of Health Holdings, Singapore
Senior Project Administrator (Pharmacy) (2013 – present)
Part-time Professional, Director of Medical Services Office
Ministry of Health, Singapore
HPB MOH Clinical Practice Guidelines Workgroup member (2013 – 2015)
“Falls Prevention among Community Dwelling Older Adults”
Singapore Pharmacy Council (Registered Pharmacist)
Pharmaceutical Society of Singapore (Member)
American College of Clinical Pharmacy (Associate Member)
Community Health Angel Mentoring Programme (CHAMP) (Faculty in-charge)
CHAMP is a community service-learning programme developed in collaboration with our social service partner (@27 Family Service Centre) and supported by pharmacists from various health institutions. Through home visits, befriending and counseling by the participating undergraduate pharmacy student volunteers, CHAMP aims to promote social cohesiveness, intergeneration interaction, healthy aging and chronic disease management, including adherence to medication therapy among the elderly clients served.
Liew Weng Chee Scholarship (Awarded: February 2016)
MOH Research Scholarship (Awarded: 2009 – 2011)
- HY Chang, LL Wong, KZ Yap and KY Yap. Gaming preferences, motivations, and experiences of pharmacy students in Asia. Games for Health Journal, 5, no. 1 (2016): 40-49. (United States)
- KY Yap, KZ Yap and JYG Yap. A gamification framework for training of patient and medications management skills. Journal of Game-Supported Interactive Learning, 1, no. 1 (2015): 47-58. (United Kingdom).
- KLN Loh, BCC Teng and KZ Yap. Factors influencing medication non-adherence: A focus on socioeconomically vulnerable seniors in Singapore. Pharmacotherapy, 35, no. 11 (2015): e190. (United States).
- SJ Fong, SX Chia, WL Chung, BK Chong, WK Chui and KZ YAP. Intranasal corticosteroid use prevalence and adherence in allergic rhinitis – A cross-sectional study at community pharmacies in Singapore. Pharmacotherapy, 36, no. 7 (2016): e87-88. (United States)
- KZ Yap and SY Chan. “Role of antpsychotics for treating behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia”. World Journal of Pharmacology, 3, no. 4 (2014): 174-185. (United States).
- KZ Yap, SY Chan and JYC LEE, “PLEAD” for laxatives – development and implementation of the Pharmacist-Led Education on Appropriate Drug-use program in nursing homes. Pharmacotherapy, 34, no. 6 (2014): e83. (United States)
- KZ Yap, EH Kua, SY Chan and JYC Lee*. Improving the Appropriateness of Antipsychotic Prescribing for Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia (BPSD): A Pilot Study of the Psychotropic Use Monitoring (PUM) Program. Open Journal of Psychiatry, 4 (2014): 153-162. (United States)
25th Singapore Pharmacy Congress (12-13 September 2015, Singapore)
Invited Podium Presentation: What can community pharmacists do for patients with allergic rhinitis?
Annual Singapore Conference on Ageing (ASCA) (10 May 2012, Singapore)
Invited Podium Presentation: Psychotropic Use Monitoring [PUM] for nursing home patients.
- Ruth Smalley & Desmond Ng. “Language of the heart” (video; 253k views & 2.7k shares). CNA Insider. October 4, 2017. Available at: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/more-young-singaporeans-signing-up-for-dialect-classes-9249766
- Samantha Boh. “NUS students help seniors age well at home”. Straits Times. B1. March 20, 2017. Available at: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/nus-students-help-seniors-age-well-at-home
- 邓华贵. “国大开发新教材. 药剂系学生电玩里救人”. 联合早报. October 5, 2016. Available at: http://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20161005-674039
- 邓华贵. “国大开发新教材. 药剂系学生电玩里救人”. 联合早报. October 5, 2016. Available at: http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20161004-673960
- R Hardasmalani. “Watsons offers free allergy consultations aroung S’pore”. Today. April 20, 2016. Available at: http://www.todayonline.com/business/watsons-offers-free-allergy-consultations-around-spore
- P Toh. “Allergic rhinitis patients are bad at taking their intranasal corticosteroids, a Singapore-based study shows”. MIMS Respirology News. May 12, 2016. Available at: http://news.mims.com/topic/allergic-rhinitis-patients-are-bad-at-taking-their-intranasal-corticosteroids–a-singapore-based-study-shows?country=singapore&channel=respirology&topicgrouper=news