BSc (Pharm) (Hons), National University of Singapore
PhD, National University of Singapore
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore
18 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543
Tel: +65 6516 5530
Fax: +65 6779 1554
Pharmacoeconomics and Outcome Research, in particular, cost-effectiveness analysis of pharmaceuticals, pharmacogenetic tests and health services in the areas of Type 2 diabetes mellitus, colorectal cancer and breast cancer.
- UK-Singapore Partners in Science Collaboration Award, 2012
- International Society for Quality of Life Research New Investigator Award (Poster Category), 2011
World Health Organization Quality of Life Questionnaire: Deriving Population Normative Data and Mapping to Legacy HEalth-Related Quality of Life Questionnaires for use in Singapore (WONDERS)
Sponsor: Ministry of Health Health Services Research Competitive Research Grant
Total project value: $571,214
1. Reliability and validity of the WHOQOL-BREF for the Singapore population
2. Normative data for the WHOQOL-BREF for the Singapore population
3. Mapping of WHOQOL-BREF to EQ-5D-5L Utilities
Factors associated with Glycaemic Control Trajectories in Type 2 Diabetes
Sponsor: Ministry of Education Academic Research Fund Tier 1
Total Project Value: $159,998
1. Factors associated with Glycaemic Control Trajectories in Type 2 Diabetes
- Could Values and Social Structures in Singapore Facilitate Attainment of Patient-Focused, Cultural, and Linguistic Competency Standards in a Patient-Centered Medical Home Pilot?
Available at http://jpx.sagepub.com/content/2/2/37.full.pdf+html
- The associations of self-care, illness perceptions and psycological distress with metabolic control in Singapore adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Available at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21642850.2015.1115728
- Association of anemia and mineral and bone disorder with health-related quality of life in Asian pre-dialysis patients Available at http://hqlo.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12955-016-0477-8
Please be informed that the SF-36v2 is copy-righted. This means that I am unable to provide you with the questionnaires. You will have to register to use it and fees apply. Please enquire at: http://campaign.optum.com/optum-outcomes/survey-request-form.html.
- Mean Rank, Equipercentile and Regression Mapping of World Health Organization Quality of Life Brief (WHOQOL-BREF) to EuroQoL 5 Dimensions 5 Levels (EQ-5D-5L) Utilities
- Reliability and Validity of the English, Chinese and Malay language versions of the WHOQOL-BREF in Singapore
- Ms. Wang Wei, Vivian, submitted Mar 2016
Thesis title: Economic and humanistic burden of dementia in Singapore
- Miss Soon Swee Sung, commenced Aug 2012
Thesis title: Repurposing Aspirin – Its Role in Chemoprevention of Colorectal Cancer
- Mr Mcvin Cheen Hua Heng (Part-time), commenced Jan 2013
Thesis title: Evaluating the outcomes of pharmacist-provided medication review and ambulatory care services in Singapore
- Mr Casper Keegan Lin Rongrui (Part-time), commenced Jan 2014
Thesis title: Oncology patients’ beliefs in therapy and supportive care and their adherence
- Miss Wong Xinyi, commenced Aug 2015
Thesis title: Patient preferences for cancer screening and treatments
- Dr Gan Hua Pey, conferred 2014
Thesis title: Developing workplace-based smoking cessation programme in Sinagpore. Co-supervisor: Professor Li Shu Chuen, Visiting Professor, Department of Pharmacy, NUS
- Dr Ow Yen Ling Mandy, conferred 2012
Thesis title: Assessing Health-Related Quality of Life and the Economic Cost of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Singapore.
Co-supervisors: A/P Julian Thumboo, Senior Consultant and Head, Department of Rheumatology & Immunology, Singapore General Hospital; Professor Li Shu Chuen, Visiting Professor, Department of Pharmacy, NUS
- Dr Zhao Yingjiao, conferred 2010
Thesis title: Pharmacoeconomics and Health Outcomes Research Amongst Asian Parkinson’s Disease Patients in Singapore.
Co-supervisors: Professor Li Shu Chuen, Visiting Professor, Department of Pharmacy, NUS; Dr Luo Nan, Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology & Public Health, NUS.
- Dr Tipaporn Pongmesa, conferred 2010
Thesis title: Management of Diabetes Mellitus in Asia: A comparison between Thailand and Singapore.
Co-supervisor: Professor Li Shu Chuen, Visiting Professor, Department of Pharmacy, NUS.
- Novartis Asia Pacific Pharmaceuticals Pte Ltd
- AbbVie Ptd Ltd
- Pfizer Pte Ltd
- National Healthcare Group, Singapore
- Singapore Health Services
Fun and enriching experience as moderator and speaker at a forum entitled “Use and Management of Big Data in Health Economics and Outcomes Research for Creating Best Practices in Asia-Pacific: Experiences and Lessons Learned In Australia, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan“, which was held at the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) 21st Annual International Meeting in Washington DC, 21-25 May 2016.