BSc (Pharm) (Hons), National University of Singapore
PhD, National University of Singapore
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore
18 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543
Tel: +65 6516 5530
Fax: +65 6779 1554
Pharmacoeconomics and Outcome Research, in particular, cost-effectiveness analysis of pharmaceuticals, pharmacogenetic tests and health services in the areas of Type 2 diabetes mellitus, colorectal cancer and breast cancer.
- UK-Singapore Partners in Science Collaboration Award, 2012
- International Society for Quality of Life Research New Investigator Award (Poster Category), 2011
Identifying a Cost-Effective Strategy for Mammography SCREENing in Singapore (ICE SCREEN Study)
Sponsor: Ministry of Health Health Services Research Competitive Research Grant
Total project value: $533,618.95
- A qualitative study on Singaporean women’s views towards breast cancer screening and Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) gene testing to guide personalised screening strategies. Available at http://rdcu.be/y0HO
Functional status mediates the association between peripheral neuropathy and health-related quality of life in individuals with diabetes. Available at http://rdcu.be/z26W
- The associations of self-care, illness perceptions and psycological distress with metabolic control in Singapore adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Available at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21642850.2015.1115728
- Association of anemia and mineral and bone disorder with health-related quality of life in Asian pre-dialysis patients. Available at http://hqlo.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12955-016-0477-8
- Could Values and Social Structures in Singapore Facilitate Attainment of Patient-Focused, Cultural, and Linguistic Competency Standards in a Patient-Centered Medical Home Pilot?
Available at http://jpx.sagepub.com/content/2/2/37.full.pdf+html
Please be informed that the SF-36v2 is copy-righted. This means that I am unable to provide you with the questionnaires. You will have to register to use it and fees apply. Please enquire at: http://campaign.optum.com/optum-outcomes/survey-request-form.html.
- Mean Rank, Equipercentile and Regression Mapping of World Health Organization Quality of Life Brief (WHOQOL-BREF) to EuroQoL 5 Dimensions 5 Levels (EQ-5D-5L) Utilities. Accepted by Medical Decision Making in Nov 2017.
- Reliability and Validity of the English, Chinese and Malay language versions of the WHOQOL-BREF in Singapore. Accepted by Annals, Academy of Medicine Singapore in Nov 2017.
- Women Preferences, Willingness-to-Pay and Predicted Uptake for Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms Gene Testing to Guide Personalized Breast Cancer Screening Strategies: A Discrete Choice Experiment.
- EQ-5D health status as predictor of health services utilization.
- Cost-effectiveness of various patient selection protocols (who to test, when to test and what to test) in preemptive pharmacogenotyping.
- Miss Wong Xinyi, commenced Aug 2015
Thesis title: Patient preferences for cancer screening and treatments
- Ms. Wang Wei, Vivian, conferred Jan 2017
Thesis title: Economic and Health-Related Quality of Life Outcomes among Community-Dwelling Dementia Patients in Singapore
- Miss Soon Swee Sung, conferred Aug 2017
Thesis title: The Cost-effectiveness of Aspirin in Colorectal Cancer Prevention
Co-supervisor: Dr John Chia, National Cancer Center Singapore
- Mr Mcvin Cheen Hua Heng (Part-time), conferred Aug 2017
Thesis title: Evaluating the Outcomes and Cost-effectiveness of Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Services in Singapore
- Mr Casper Keegan Lin Rongrui (Part-time), conferred Aug 2017
Thesis title: Oncology patients’ beliefs in supportive care and their adherence
- Dr Gan Hua Pey, conferred 2014
Thesis title: Developing workplace-based smoking cessation programme in Sinagpore. Co-supervisor: Professor Li Shu Chuen, Visiting Professor, Department of Pharmacy, NUS
- Dr Ow Yen Ling Mandy, conferred 2012
Thesis title: Assessing Health-Related Quality of Life and the Economic Cost of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Singapore.
Co-supervisors: A/P Julian Thumboo, Senior Consultant and Head, Department of Rheumatology & Immunology, Singapore General Hospital; Professor Li Shu Chuen, Visiting Professor, Department of Pharmacy, NUS
- Dr Zhao Yingjiao, conferred 2010
Thesis title: Pharmacoeconomics and Health Outcomes Research Amongst Asian Parkinson’s Disease Patients in Singapore.
Co-supervisors: Professor Li Shu Chuen, Visiting Professor, Department of Pharmacy, NUS; Dr Luo Nan, Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology & Public Health, NUS.
- Dr Tipaporn Pongmesa, conferred 2010
Thesis title: Management of Diabetes Mellitus in Asia: A comparison between Thailand and Singapore.
Co-supervisor: Professor Li Shu Chuen, Visiting Professor, Department of Pharmacy, NUS.
- Novartis Asia Pacific Pharmaceuticals Pte Ltd
- AbbVie Ptd Ltd
- Pfizer Pte Ltd
- National Healthcare Group, Singapore
- Singapore Health Services
Honoured to share the stage with Christophe Le Tourneau, senior medical oncologist at the Institut Curie and Professor of Medicine at the Versailles-Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines University and Jan Bogaerts, Scientific Director of EORTC. Interesting discussion on how to design clinical trials for precision medicine.