Associate Professor, and Clinical Pharmacist, Ambulatory Care
Director, Postgraduate Year 2 (PGY2) Specialty Residency in Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Practice
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore
18 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543
Tel: +65 6516 8014
Fax: +65 6779 1554
Teaching Activities in NUS
Undergraduate BSc (Pharmacy):
- PR3105 Pharmacotherapy I co-lecturer (diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia)
- PR4101 Pharmacotherapy II module coordinator (heart failure, ischemic heart disease, thrombotics)
- PR4104 Pharmacy Practice co-lecturer (individual counseling, small group discussions, dispensing)
Post Graduate – Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD):
- PR5134 Physical Assessment in pharmacy practice co-lecturer
- PR5130 Advanced Pharmacotherapy I co-lecturer (HIV and opportunistic infections)
- PR5132 Advanced Pharmacotherapy III co-lecturer (Metabolic syndrome in geriatrics)
- PR5136 PharmD Seminar co-lecturer
- PR5150 Core Ambulatory Care Clerkship coordinator
Foundation of Clinical Diabetes Management: Certification Program for the Healthcare Professionals
Chairperson (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and present)
This is an interprofessional 3-day continuing education workshop offered yearly, and taught by family physician, endocrinologist, dietitian, podiatrist, physiotherapist, advanced practice nurse, and clinical pharmacists. This workshop is open to all healthcare professionals.
- Pharmacy Practice Residency in Ambulatory Care (Recipient of Resident of the Year Award, and Resident Project of the Year Award), 2006-2007, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Unversity of Southern California, School of Pharmacy
- Pharm.D., Doctor of Pharmacy, 2006, University of California, San Francisco, School of Pharmacy
- B.S., Bachelor of Science in Psychobiology, 2002, University of California, Davis
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts in Japanese, 2002, University of California, Davis
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP), Board of Pharmaceutical Services, 2011
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS), Board of Pharmaceutical Services, 2008
- Registered Pharmacist in Singapore and California (USA)
- Faculty Teaching Excellence Award (AY2013/2014)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) New Clinical Practitioner Award 2013
- Excellent Young Teacher Award (AY 2009/2010)
Experience in Pharmacist-managed Ambulatory Care Clinics
- Primary Care Clinic (Diabetes, Hypertension, Dyslipidemia, Asthma, Heart Failure, Hypothyroidism)
- Geriatric Clinic
- HIV Clinic
- Anticoagulation Clinic
- Asthma Clinic
- Cardiology Clinic
- Diabetes Clinic
- Depression Clinic
The Sweet Spot Program (Aug 2011 – Present)
First community-based diabetes medication therapy management (MTM) service established in Singapore
The Sweet Spot program (utilizing point-of-care testing) can be found in 3 retail pharmacies:
- Jurong East Unity Pharmacy
- Ang Mo Kio Unity Pharmacy
- Paya Lebar Unity Pharmacy
Cardiovascular Risk Management Clinic, Cardiology Department, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore (May 2010 – Present)
- First hospital, multi-disease clinic established in Singapore
- Cardiovascular risk management clinic is located within the premise of 1 acute hospital
Hypertension, Diabetes and Lipid Clinic (HDL-C), National healthcare Group (NHG) Polyclinics/Pharmacy (Oct 2007 – Present)
First primary care multi-disease clinic established in Singapore, (HDL-C) can be found in 6 primary care Polyclinics:
- Bukit Batok Polyclinic
- Choa Chu Kang Polyclinic
- Clementi Polyclinic
- Jurong Polyclinic
- Toa Payoh Polyclinic
- Woodlands Polyclinic
- Volkman, Kate. “Alumni Hub – School of Pharmacy Alumni Profiles: Going Global (Challenge Seeker).” UCSF Magazine. Spring 2013 Vol.2 No.1: Pages 44-45. Print (USA). Also available at http://support.ucsf.edu/magazine.
- Kumar, Rajesh. “Unity Hits the Sweet Spot on Diabetes Management.” Pharmacy Today, News. September-October 2013. Page 3.
- Poon, Chian Hui. “Free Help for Diabetes Suffers.” The Straits Times Singapore Newspaper, Home section, August 18, 2013, page 20.
- Lim, Jaclyn. “Ask Your Pharmacist.” The Straits Times Singapore Newspaper, Mind and Body section, July 18, 2013, page 33.
- Pang, Melissa. “The Pharmacist is In.” The Straits Times Singapore Newspaper. Mind and Body section, December 13, 2012, pages 14-15.
- Diabetes Management
- Health Services Research (chronic disease management)
- Management of chronic conditions in special populations
- Patient care and education
- Setting up, maintaining and improving pharmacist-led ambulatory care clinics
- Ng CS, Lee JYC, Toh MP, Ko Y. Cost-of-illness studies of diabetes mellitus: A systematic review. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2014;105:151-163. (SCI)
- Yap KZ, Kua EH, Chan SY, Lee JYC. Improving the Appropriateness of Antipsychotic Prescribing for behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD): A Pilot Study of the Psychotropic Use Monitoring (PUM) Programs. Open Journal of Psychiatry, 2014. 4(2): p153-162.
- Lee JYC. American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Ambulatory Care Survival Guide, 3rd Edition, book chapter, “Hypertension, Diabetes, and Lipids Clinic Policies & Procedures” 2013: 412-420.
- Lee JYC, Tsou K, Lim J, Koh F, Ong S, and Wong S. Symptom-based insulin adjustment for glucose normalization (SIGN) Algorithm: A Pilot Study. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. 2012;14(12) 1145-48.
- Wang Y, Lee JYC, Tang WE, Toh MP, Ko Y. Validity and reliability of a self-reported measure of medication adherence in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus in Singapore. Diabet Med. 2012;29:e338-44. (SCI)
- Shim YT, Lee JYC, Toh MP, Tang WE, Ko Y. Health-related quality of life and glycaemic control in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus in Singapore. Diabet Med. 2012;29:e241-8. (SCI)
- Ko Y, Lee JYC, Toh MP, Tang WE, Tan AS. Development and validation of a general health literacy test in Singapore. Health Promot Int. 2012; 27:45-51. (SSCI)
- Wong S, Lee JYC, Ko Y, Chong MF, Lam CK, Tang WE. Perceptions of insulin therapy amongst Asian patients with diabetes in Singapore. Diabet Med. 2011; 28:206-11. (SCI)
- Lee JYC, and Wong S. Development and Implementation of Signs and Symptoms-based Insulin Titration Algorithm. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy 2010; 67: 1507-9.
- Tay MKX, LEE JYC, Wee IYJ, and Oh HML. Evaluation of Intensive Care Unit-acquired Urinary Tract Infections in Singapore. Annuls of the Academy of Medicine Singapore 2010; 39(6): 460-5.
- Lee JYC, and Wong S. Pharmacist-managed Hypertension, Diabetes and Lipids Clinic: Policy and Procedure and Clinical Practice Protocol. National Healthcare Group Polyclinics Singapore, May 2009. pp 1-53.
- Lee JYC, Tan ML, and Chan A. Evaluation of Thiazolidinediones on Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review. The Journal for Nursing Practitioners 2009; 5: 176-184