BSc (Pharm), PhD, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore
18 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543
Tel: +65 6516 5536
Fax: +65 6779 1554
Teaching Activities in NUS
- PR 1102 Physical Pharmacy (module coordinator)
- PR 3102 Dosage Form Design II
- PR 5216 Advances in Drug Delivery
- PR 5217 Formulation Science
- PR 1103 Pharmacy Practice I
- PR 4199 Honors Project in Pharmacy (FYP module coordinator)
- PR 4204 Special Drug Delivery
My research program is focused on the rational design and development of various nanoscaled drug delivery platforms to improve the activity of therapeutic agents. These nano delivery platforms include;
- liposomes and lipid nanoparticles,
- polymers and dendrimers, and
- carbon-based nanomaterials, and are evaluated for the application in cancer therapy, modulation of drug transport/pharmacokinetics, and culturing of stem cells.
My research program is built upon the following areas:
- Physicochemical properties of nanomaterials;
- Interactions of nanomaterials with the immune system and blood components;
- Pre-clinical evaluation with biological models in vitro and in vivo; and
- Safety assessment of nanomaterials.
For prospective students and collaborators who are interested in the above research areas, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for further discussion.
Research Highlights: Banking on Carbon