The Department of Pharmacy at the National University of Singapore (NUS) invites highly talented and motivated individuals to join the department as Teaching Assistants (TAs).
The TA will be employed under a full-time scheme for a 3-year contract. The TA shall assist the professors in developing course materials, conducting practicals, grading assignments as well as answering students’ queries related to the modules. In addition, the TA may be mobilized, by the discretion of the Head of Department, for ad hoc academic or student related duties.
There are 3 positions available to be filled and suitable candidates are expected to commence duty in August 2018. 2 positions require the candidates to have excellent academic competence in pharmaceutical science, chemical sciences or life sciences; while the third position requires the individual to have knowledge and skills of a pharmacist.
The ideal candidate should possess the following required and preferred qualifications.
Preferred Personal Qualifications
- Individual having teaching experience is advantageous but not necessary as training will be provided. However, cognizance in teaching and learning pedagogies will be favourable.
- Individual with excellent communication skills is essential, particularly eloquence in speech and clarity in writing.
- Individual who is self-motivated and has a proactive work attitude will be highly regarded.
- Individual who shares aspiration in contributing to excellence in education and committing to nurture future-ready pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientist is favourable.
Required Academic Qualification
- A Bachelor degree (with good Honours classification) majoring in pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, chemistry or life science is essential. Pharmacist with entry-to-practice degrees such as M.Pharm. or Pharm.D. are also acceptable.
- A Masters or Ph.D. degree in the relevant majors are also welcome.